My current research interests lie in manipulation and motion planning in clutter. Some of my previous projects I’ve worked on include: multi-agent path planning and coordination, SLAM, and multi-robot motion planning.
I am from Reno, Nevada, where I graduated from the University of Nevada, Reno (UNR) in Spring 2012 with a Master of Science in Computer Science. My master’s thesis was on decentralized coordination of multiple robotic agents.
- Kimmel, Shome, Bekris “Fast, Anytime Motion Planning for Prehensile Manipulation in Clutter “. (submitted)
- “Fast Model Identification Via Physics Engines For Data-Efficient Policy Search”. In International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI), Stockholm, Sweden. 2018 .
- Azizi V., Kimmel A., Bekris KE.. Kapdia M. Geometric Reachability Analysis for Grasp Planning in Cluttered Scenes for Varying End-Effectors, 13th IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (CASE), Xi’an, China, 2017.
- Littlefield, Z, Zhu, S, Kourtev, C, Psarakis, Z, Shome, R, Kimmel A., Dobson, A, A. De Souza, F, Bekris, KEEvaluating End-Effector Modalities for Warehouse Picking: A Vacuum Gripper vs a 3-finger Underactuated Hand, 12th IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (CASE), Forth Worth, Texas, 2016.
- Kimmel A., Bekris KE.. Scheduling Pick-and-Place Tasks for Dual-arm Manipulators using Incremental Search on Coordination Diagrams, Planning and Robotics Workshop at International Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling (PlanRob-ICAPS), London, UK, 2016.
- Kimmel A., Bekris KE.. Decentralized Multi-Agent Path Selection Using Minimal Information, International Symposium on Distributed Autonomous Robotic Systems (DARS), Daejeon, Korea, 2014.
- Littlefield Z., Krontiris A., Kimmel A., Dobson A., , Shome R., Bekris KE.. An Extensible Software Architecture for Composing Motion and Task Planners, Simulation, Modeling, and Programming for Autonomous Robots (SIMPAR-2014), Bergamo, Italy, Nov., 2014.
- Krontiris A., Shome R., Dobson A., Kimmel A., Bekris KE.. Rearranging Similar Objects with a Manipulator using Pebble Graphs, IEEE-RAS International Conference on Humanoid Robots (HUMANOIDS), 2014.
- Kimmel A., Bekris KE.. Minimizing Conflicts Between Moving Agents over a Set of Non-Homotopic Paths Through Regret Minimization, AAAI-2013 Workshop on Intelligent Robotic Systems, Bellevue, Washington, 2013.
- Kimmel A., Dobson A., Littlefield Z., Krontiris A., Marble J, Bekris KE.. PRACSYS: An Extensible Architecture for Composing Motion Controllers and Planners, Simulation, Modeling, and Programming for Autonomous Robots (SIMPAR-2012), Tsukuba, Japan, Nov., 2012.
- Kimmel A., Dobson A., Bekris KE.. Maintaining Team Coherence under the Velocity Obstacle Framework, Eleventh International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS), Valencia, Spain, June, 2012.
- Hegie, Kimmel, Parian, Dascalu, Harris, Jr.”WiELD-CAVE: Wireless ergonomic lightweight device for use in the CAVE.”Journal of Computational Methods in Science and Engineering, 2010, 177-186.
- Rutgers University Rizvi Family Graduate Fellowship 2017
- NSF Scholarships to attend AAMAS 2012, CASE 2017
- Member of Tau Beta Pi the Engineering Honors Society
- Member of Golden Key Honors Society
- UNR Dean’s List (x5)
- Millennium Scholarship 2004-2009
- Silver State Scholarship from 2004-2007
Department of Computer Science
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
110 Frelinghuysen Road
Piscataway, NJ 08854-8019, USA
email : email@example.com
Office: CBIM A