Cogito Ergo Sum.
My current research interests lie in motion planning, multi-agent systems, 3D terrain navigation, manipulation planning in clutter and automation techniques.
I did my Bachelors in Technology from National Institute of Technology, Durgapur, in Computer Science and Engineering in 2012. I have worked as a Software Engineer in Novell India Development Center from 2012-2013. I am currently enrolled in the graduate program in Department of Computer Science, under the supervision of Prof. Kostas Bekris.
- Shome, R., Tang, W., Song, C., Mitash, C., Kourtev, H., Yu, J. Boularias, A., and Bekris, KE.. 2019. “Towards Robust Product Packing with a Minimalistic End-Effector”. in IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA) 2019, Montreal, Canada.
- Shome, R., K. Solovey, A Dobson, D. Halperin, and KE Bekris. 2019. “drrt*: Scalable And Informed Asymptotically-Optimal Multi-Robot Motion Planning”. Autonomous Robots. https://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~kb572/pubs/drrt_star_auro.pdf
- Kimmel, A., Shome, R., Littlefield, Z., D., Bekris, K., “Fast, Anytime Motion Planning for Prehensile Manipulation in Clutter” at IEEE Humanoids 2018, Beijing, China. https://arxiv.org/pdf/1806.07465.pdf
- Shome, R., Solovey, K., Yu, J., Halperin, D., Bekris, K., “Fast, High-Quality Dual-Arm Rearrangement in Synchronous, Monotone Tabletop Setups” at WAFR 2018, Merida, Mexico. https://arxiv.org/pdf/1810.12202.pdf
- Dodson, T., Grothues, T.M., Eiler, J.H., Dobarro, J.A., and Shome, R., “Acoustic-telemetry payload control of an autonomous underwater vehicle for mapping the position of tagged fish” in Limnology and Oceanography: Methods, 2018. https://aslopubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1002/lom3.10280
- Shome, R. and Bekris, K. E. 2017. “Improving the Scalability of Asymptotically Optimal Motion Planning for Humanoid Dual-arm Manipulators“. IEEE International Conference on Humanoid Robots. https://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~kb572/pubs/asymp_optimal_dual_arm.pdf
- Dobson, A. and Solovey, K. and Shome, R. and Halperin, D. and Bekris, K. E. 2017. “Scalable Asymptotically-Optimal Multi-Robot Motion Planning“. IEEE International Symposium on Multi-Robot and Multi-Agent Systems (MRS). https://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~kb572/pubs/scalable_asympt_opt_multi_robot.pdf
- Rennie, C., R. Shome, KE Bekris, and Ferreira A. De Souza. 2016. “A Dataset For Improved Rgbd-Based Object Detection And Pose Estimation For Warehouse Pick-And-Place”. IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters (RA-L) [Also accepted to appear at the 2016 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA)] 1(2): 1179 – 1185. http://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~kb572/pubs/icra16_pose_estimation.pdf.
- Littlefield, Z, S. Zhu, C. Kourtev, Z. Psarakis, R. Shome, A Kimmel, A Dobson, Ferreira A. De Souza, and KE Bekris. 2016. “Evaluating End-Effector Modalities For Warehouse Picking: A Vacuum Gripper Vs A 3-Finger Underactuated Hand”. In 12th IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (IEEE CASE), Fort Worth, TX. https://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~kb572/pubs/apc_grasping_evaluation.pdf.
- Bekris, KE, R. Shome, A Krontiris, and A Dobson. 2015. “Cloud Automation: Precomputing Roadmaps For Flexible Manipulation”. IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine (accepted)(Special Issue on “Emerging Advances and Applications in Automation”). http://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~kb572/pubs/cloud_manipulation.pdf.
- Zhao, M., R. Shome, I. Yochelson, KE Bekris, and E. Kowler. 2014. “An Experimental Study For Identifying Features Of Legible Manipulator Paths”. In International Symposium on Experimental Robotics (ISER), Marrakech/Essaouira, Morocco. http://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~kb572/pubs/ISER_Motion_Legibility.pdf.
- Littlefield, Z, A Krontiris, A Kimmel, A Dobson, R. Shome, and KE Bekris. 2014. “An Extensible Software Architecture For Composing Motion And Task Planners”. In International Conference on Simulation, Modeling, and Programming for Autonomous Robots (SIMPAR), Bergamo, Italy. http://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~kb572/pubs/pracsys_simpar14.pdf.
- Krontiris, A, R. Shome, A Dobson, A Kimmel, and KE Bekris. 2014. “Rearranging Similar Objects With A Manipulator Using Pebble Graphs”. In IEEE-RAS International Conference on Humanoid Robots (HUMANOIDS), Madrid, Spain. http://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~kb572/pubs/Krontiris_Humanoids14_rearrangemen….
- Parth Nanadikar, Rahul Shome, Ashish Dutta. “A potential field based method for autonomous lunar rover navigation in 3D terrain”. 26th International Conference on CAD/CAM and Factories of the Future, Malaysia, 2011, pp.767-776 .
- Ranked in top 4 in tenth standard qualifying examination conducted by the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education board, 2006
- Ranked in top 4 in twelfth standard qualifying examination conducted by the Indian School Certification board, 2008
- Awarded for Academic Excellence by the Hon’b Governor of West Bengal, 2006, 2008
- Ranked in the top 4 percentile in the All India Engineering Entrance Examination, 2008
- Research Assistant for a project commissioned by Indian Space Research Association, IIT Kanpur, 2011
- Graduated Bachelor in Technology in Computer Science from National Institute of Technology, Durgapur with distinction, 2012
- Best Paper Award at MRS 2017
Department of Computer Science
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
110 Frelinghuysen Road
Piscataway, NJ 08854-8019, USA
Phone:(848) 219 2759
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Office: CBIM Room 16